Wednesday 13 April 2011

Sunsets and Rainbows

Well I finally got round to sorting out a proper header for le blog, which led to me getting a tad carried away and redesigning the whole thing.  I like it though - I hope you do too :)


Alongside blog design, I've also been merrily hooking away with the Stylecraft...


This is the first time I've ever really made anything "production style", and I've quite enjoyed it.  I love that you can quickly build up a rhythm, that the stitches are just there without having to think at all.


You might ask where's the fun in hardly noticing that you're crocheting, because surely the joy is in the process?  For the most part, what I love most about crochet is watching the stitches unfold one by one, and marvelling that this is only one length of string, twisted and knotted into infinite patterns!!  Isn't that ASTONISHING?!


But then again, zero thinking means I have enough brain space to watch programmes like Wonders of the Universe   And it's even more astonishing to think that you can watch Prof. Brian Cox chat about event horizons and spaghettification, and at the same time make 65 colourful little circles and hardly notice that you've done it.  (If you have access to iPlayer, the BBC are currently repeating Wonders of the Solar System too, which I heartily recommend).

Hmm sorry, the geek got turned up to 11 there didn't it?!  Where was I?

Ah yes.  The Blanket.

It's getting BIG.  And even more psychedelic...


(...and more and more difficult to get decent pictures of).

I'm really starting to fall in love with it now.  It's just so bonkers I can't help it!  Although I am secretly hoping that once it's finished and has a wide  W I D E  border to contain it, it might calm down a little bit.  We'll see :)

In other (entirely unrelated) news, I thought I'd share this picture I took the other night


The view from my window seen through a lens.  Isn't it beautiful?  I'm so blessed to live in a place with such brilliant skies.  I love that the flare from the setting sun darkened all the buildings and made the sky the only focus.  And I don't know why, but this photo has captured something I can't explain - something that has made me feel closer to God.  I've been feeling distanced from Him recently, doubting myself and questioning my beliefs, but somehow this sunset reminded me that He is always there waiting for us.  I spose a picture really can speak a thousand words!

Much love to you all
Kim x

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the design of your bog; I've only just started following you and I read your posts through my Feedly RSS reader so I rarely visit your site anyway! The writing is a tiny bit pale but otherwise I think it looks great. I'm addicted to making Granny Squares of all kinds and they do look so lovely all in a colourful pile!

Sarah Jones said...

Love your little pile of circles. And your blanket looks really good.

Carole said...

I love, love, love your blanket, it's coming on a treat and all those circles - so productive!

That photograph is amazing - very powerful.