Monday 21 November 2011

Eggbirdy Updates


Looklooklook!!  The first of a pair of stranded mitts!  I'm so so happy with how they've turned out so far.  There are a few little bits that are niggling, but they should be fairly easy to work out when I re-knit the pattern.  I'm about a third of a way through the second mitt, and by the end of this week they should be ready for testing!






It's fair to say that I've been bitten quite severely by the Fair Isle bug.  Already I've charted out ideas for 3 more patterns!!  So many ideas, so little time!  Hehe

It's been quite the little hive of production recently - I finished the Star Crossed Slouchy Beret last weekend - it's an AMAZING pattern.  Super-dooper quick (always a good thing!) and so simple to work.





I decided to treat myself with the suggested Malabrigo which is unbelievable!  It was a real pleasure to work with.  I've decided to treat myself to wool more often :D

Also on the needles pottering away is my stripey blanket


It's really quite exciting seeing all the colours mesh together.  Using odds and ends is a really good way of finding new colour combos which you might not have thought of otherwise.  Plus, it's made entirely using knit stitches, which is so soothing after a long day

And there we have it!  A little update of all things craft :)

Much love,
Kim x

3 comments:

Inthesky said...

I am mightily impressed by your creativity, I loved your 'Honeycomb Mitts' but love these more! I have never knitted Fair isle, it scares me a bit. You are on a total crafting roll :) x

Nicole said...

That garter stitch blanket is sooooooo lovely! I know it's a simple stitch but it really is my favourite :-)

Tickety-boo said...

Those Mitts are awesome matey! You are so talented. I must agree about The Star Cross berret. Loved this pattern and super duper quick and lovely despite knitting in cotton glove?! Must take photos of mine today.
xx